Effective: May 13, 2019
Southern Land Company, LLC, our affiliates, and those agents we use to provide services on our behalf (collectively referred to herein as “SLC”, “we,” or “us”) are sensitive to the confidentiality of your personal information and have created this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. This Notice informs you of how we protect and use the personal information that you provide to us when using our website (http://southernland.com/) and all other websites developed, owned, or maintained by SLC (collectively, the “Website”). By visiting the Website, or otherwise interacting with us using electronic means, you consent to and accept this Notice.
Our Website is controlled, operated, and administered by SLC from its offices within the United States. If you are accessing our Website from a location outside of the United States, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your personal information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share such information as described in this Notice.
Information We Collect and How it is Collected
SLC collects the following types of personal information (“Personal Information”) through your interaction with this Website:
Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain activities on our Website such as:
- Asking Us to Contact You. If you request that we contact you by completing our Contact Us form you will be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, and a message.
- Social Media. If you interact with our Website by sharing on a social media platform, we may collect the information that you post. Please note that your comments will also be visible to the public, so you should never share Personal Information that you would like to keep private.
- E–mail. If you send us e-mail, we will collect your e-mail address and any information that you provide in the e-mail.
- Blog. If you interact with our “Insights” blog by sharing a blog post on a social media platform, we may collect the information that you post. If you post a comment to the blog, we may collect that information as well as your name, email address, and website. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share Personal Information that you would like to keep private.
Information Automatically Collected
We may automatically collect the following types of Personal Information as you use our Website:
- Usage Information. Which pages on our Website you access, the frequency of access, what you click on while on our Website, and when you accessed the Website.
- Location Information. Information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information. Information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and IP address.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Website via a browser on your mobile device, we collect mobile network information, including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Information Provided By Third Parties
We may receive certain Personal Information about you from third parties. For example, a user may provide information on your behalf when completing the Contact Us form. If you submit any Personal Information about another individual to our Website, you are responsible for making sure that you have the authority to do so and to allow us to use their Personal Information in accordance with this Notice.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect data activity. Google Analytics may be used for display advertising. Visitors can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using one of the methods set out here or use the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on available here. Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by changing the ad settings here.
How We Use Your Information
SLC uses Personal Information we collect in aggregated or unaggregated form to:
- Respond to your queries
- Send you e-mail alerts and updates or other marketing information for various properties, projects or opportunities, or related information
- Provide you with information about SLC and about our projects and services, as well as the projects and services of others
- Communicate with you about our Website or to inform you of any changes to our Website
- Provide support
- Maintain and improve our Website
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others
- Efficiently maintain our business
- Comply with applicable law
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates (i.e., companies that we own, we are owned by, or we are under common ownership with), to consultants, and to other third parties with whom we have a business relationship. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties as we deem necessary or desirable to provide products and services that you have requested. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed to third parties on an aggregate basis and in a manner that does not reveal the personal identity of you or your business. We may also disclose your Personal Information as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with law, regulation or other governmental authority. Finally, we may disclose your Personal Information upon a transfer or sale to another entity of all or a portion of our assets to which this Notice relates, or upon any other company reorganization.
Unless otherwise required by law, SLC treats Personal Information as non-confidential and non-proprietary. If SLC is required by law to treat any of the Personal Information as confidential, we restrict access to the Personal Information to our employees and third parties who have a reasonable need to know that information and we maintain electronic safeguards to guard your Personal Information. We do not guarantee that these procedural safeguards will be effective in all circumstances. If you believe the security of any information or data you have shared with us has been compromised, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
“Do Not Track” Disclosure
This Website does not monitor or identify “do not track signals” from your computer, and such signals will not impact the operation of this Website.
Security of Your Information
We maintain certain reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of electronic Personal Information stored on our systems. No computer system is completely secure, however, and, while the measures we implement are intended to reduce the likelihood of security problems, there is no warranty or guarantee that our standard security measures will prevent access to your Personal Information.
If you do not wish to receive communications from SLC regarding offers or other third-party products and services, you may opt out of receiving such communications (by e-mailing or writing to SLC as provided in the “Contact Us” section below; or in the event that you receive an e-mail from SLC regarding such matters, you may simply reply to the e-mail in question and request that you receive no further correspondence from SLC regarding such matters.) You may also follow this procedure to change or update information you have previously provided to SLC at any time.
Your election not to receive promotional and marketing correspondence from us will not: (a) preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us, nor (b) preclude us, including our employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, from accessing and viewing your Personal Information in the course of maintaining and improving the Website.
The Website and Children
This Website is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 on the Website. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide any Personal Information to us.
Changes to This Notice
This Notice is effective at the time of publishing, but is subject to change. SLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise this Notice at any time by updating this posting and setting forth the date on which the update was made. Your use of this Website indicates your acceptance of the latest version of this Notice.
If you have any questions about this Notice or wish to contact SLC in connection with any information contained in this Notice, please write to:
3990 Hillsboro Pike, Suite 400
Nashville, TN 37215